HINTS 5, Cycle 2 (2018) data were collected from Jan through May, 2018. Sample design consisted of a single-mode mail survey, using the Next Birthday Method for respondent selection. Complete data were collected from 3,504 respondents.
Listed in Datasets
HINTS 5, Cycle 2 (2018) data were collected from January through May, 2018. The sample design for HINTS 5, Cycle 2 (2018) consisted of a single-mode mail survey, using the Next Birthday Method for respondent selection.
The sample design for the HINTS 5, Cycle 2 (2018) survey consisted of two-stages. In the first stage, an equal-probability sample of addresses was selected from within each explicit sampling stratum. In the second-stage, one adult was selected within each sampled household. The sampling frame consisted of a database of addresses used by Marketing Systems Group (MSG) to provide random samples of addresses. Complete data were collected from 3,504 respondents.
Total respondents: 3,504
Complete responses: 3,434
Partial responses**: 70
HINTS data is available for download on the HINTS website: https://hints.cancer.gov.
HINTS collects nationally representative data routinely about the American public's use of cancer-related information. The survey:
- Provides updates on changing patterns, needs, and information opportunities in health
- Identifies changing communications trends and practices
- Assesses cancer information access and usage
- Provides information about how cancer risks are perceived
- Offers a testbed to researchers to test new theories in health communication
- HINTS5_Cycle2_Annotated_Instrument_English.pdf(PDF | 2 MB)
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: