Call for Papers
Fifth ISC Workshop on HPC Applications in Precision Medicine
June 2, 2022 | Hamburg, Germany
Conference Website: http://isc-hpc.com
Call for Abstracts Submission Site: https://easychair.org/cfp/HAPM22
First Abstract Submission Deadline: April 24, 2022
Call for Papers
Abstracts and extended abstracts for papers are sought for this exciting workshop based on the following criteria:
- Bring forward new innovations
- Inform on complex precision medicine challenges
- Review sources for health and medically related information
- Highlight successes for HPC applications in precision medicine
- Advance large scale bioinformatics and computational biology
- Identify opportunities for collaboration to advance the future of precision medicine enabled by high-performance computing
Topics and areas of interest include but are not limited to
- Biomedical Digital Twin Applications
- Artificial intelligence in medical applications
- Advances in data aggregation, security and sharing
- Clinical data access and integration
- AI and simulation in drug discovery
- Modeling of biological systems
- Advances for image processing in cryo-EM, radiology, and pathology
- Accelerated bioinformatics workflows
- Predictive model validation
- Measuring confidence and uncertainty in predictive models
- Clinical impact and delivery
|First Abstract Submission Deadline||April 24|
|Notification of Acceptance||April 25|
|Early Bird Registration Rate Deadline||April 26|
Given the tight turnaround time, abstracts will be accepted for HAPM22 on a rolling basis. Authors are encouraged to submit their abstracts by April 24, 2022. Abstracts submitted after that date will be evaluated for inclusion until all workshop spots are filled.
Authors are invited to submit abstracts in English for consideration by the program committee. Abstracts may be submitted either as brief or extended abstracts. Brief abstracts will be considered for 15-minute presentations, while extended abstracts will be considered for presentations up to 30 minutes.
Brief abstract guidelines – submitted in English with a length up to 500 words.
Extended abstract guidelines – submitted in English, structured as preliminary technical papers of a length up to four letter size pages (not including bibliography). A bibliography should be included and use the IEEE format (https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html) for conference proceedings.
- Extended abstracts will be reviewed and judged on correctness, originality, technical strength, alignment to expressed aims in the paper call, quality of presentation and interest to workshop attendees. Submitted abstracts may incorporate unpublished new advances, insight and/or original research findings.
- Submissions received after the due date, exceeding the prescribed length, or not appropriately structured may also be returned without consideration or review.
- In submitting the paper, the authors acknowledge that at least one author of an accepted submission will register for and attend the workshop.
- Workshop Submission Site: https://easychair.org/cfp/HAPM22
- All questions about submissions should be emailed to Petrina Hollingsworth: firstname.lastname@example.org or Lynn Borkon: email@example.com