HTT Data Collection Training
Overview of the Data Collection Tasks:
You will be presented pre-selected regions of interest (ROIs) digitally or on a microscope For each ROI, please complete three tasks:
1) Label the ROI: Please label each ROI in order to determine whether it can be evaluated for sTILs.
- Intra-tumoral stroma: Stroma within the limits of cancer (NOT intro-epithelial TILs).
- Invasive Margin: Typically 1 mm, contains an edge of malignant cell nests.
- Tumor with NO intervening stroma: Densely packed tumor with no stroma, regardless of immune infiltrate
- Other regions: Necrosis, fibrosis, or other areas of granulocytic infiltrate.
2) Record % of Tumor-Associated Stroma: You will be prompted to record the estimated density percent of tumor-associated stroma. The percent tumor-associated stroma is a number from 0-100, and training for this evaluation is below.
3) Record % of sTIL density: You will be prompted to record the estimated density percent tumor-associated stromal TIL density (sTIL density). The percent sTIL density is a number from 0-100, and training for this evaluation is below.
These materials were created by the International Immuno-Oncology Working Group (TILs in breast cancer).
- Watch the clinical TILs evaluation training video (8 minutes).
- TILs evaluation manuscript
- R. Salgado et al., “The evaluation of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs) in breast cancer: recommendations by an International TILs Working Group 2014,” Ann. Oncol., vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 259–271, Feb. 2015, doi: 10.1093/annonc/mdu450.
- Review the Informed Consent form
- The Informed Consent provides information about the study purpose, what you will be asked to do as a participant, and the potential risks and benefits. Proceeding with the study acknowledges consent to participate. You are encouraged to ask questions before deciding to participate, or at any time during the course of the study.
More Training and Information
Learn how to estimate the density of sTILs
- Review and save the “Calibration Cheat Sheet”
- Optional TILs evaluation training video with more examples (13 minutes)
- Slides from the optional training video: TutorialWebsiteAdapted29012020.pdf (3 MB, uploaded by Katherine N Elfer 1 year 5 months ago)
Learn how to navigate and use the data-collection platforms
- Training Video for caMicroscope (5 min)
- Training Video for Path Presenter (5 min)
Begin Data Collection!
Click HERE to move to the launch point for data collection.
If you have any questions: Contact Us