Julia Faith Houston created this post
Genetics Counselor Senior | Markey Cancer Center, University of Kentucky, KY
Provides genetic counseling services for Markey Cancer Center patients with a medical or family history of cancer and/or genetic disease and coordinates program services.
Provide exceptional customer service and advocate for safety, patient preferences, and optimal communication.
Patient services include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Collect, review and interpret family/medical histories, medical records, test results, and other relevant/necessary information.
2. Coordinate testing and communication of results to referring healthcare providers.
3. Develop genetic counseling plans, including risk assessment, referrals, education, life planning options, and treatment options.
4. Provide counseling and education to patients and their families.
5. Identifiy and provide referrals for testing, treatment, support, and advocacy.
6. Research, maintain, and apply knowledge of trends and developments in genetic disease research.